An outdoor surveillance system is one of the most practical and affordable ways to beef up security in the home. There is a diverse array of surveillance systems to choose from, and buyers are faced with the unenviable task of trying to sift out the right system that meets both their security needs and financial situation. We have compared dozens of best-selling camera systems, and we have compiled a list of the best outdoor wireless security camera system with DVR.
The Best Outdoor Wireless Security Camera System With DVR Comparison Table
What We Reviewed
ZOSI 8CH Security Camera System
- 【H. 265/H.265+ 8CH 5MP Lite HD-TVI DVR】--With the advanced H. 265 technology, which could double the data compression ratio, keep the high quality video even with low bit-rate, it allows you to maximize storage space and enjoy ultra-long recording.
- 【Expandable camera system】-this is 8Channel 4-in-1 DVR which supports analog HD-TVI CVI AHD camera It provides you the flexibility to extend additional cameras You can add more 4pcs 720P or 1080P Bullet or dome cameras
- 【Built in 1TB Security Grade Hard Drive】-- Support ultra-long continuous recording and backup by USB. Dvr can be set to automatically overwrite the oldest internally stored footage or you can transfer those video files by USB to a memory stick or external hard Drive.
- 【IP67 Weatherproof Camera,80ft Night Vision】-- This Camera use Aluminum Metal materials, can effectively prevent rust,Can be installed in almost any outdoor or indoor place. ,Built in 24pcs IR LEDs, Get a sharp and crisp image day or night with the camera's automatic IR-CUT filter, Up to 80ft night vision in total darkness and 130ft Night vision in ambient light.More than 3.0Lux the night vision is color.
- 【Privacy Protection and Mobile Viewing】 You can block out select areas on each camera. This is to grant privacy in situations. People can not view of certain areas or activities. You can remote access simultaneously on smart devices(IOS/Android) at any time, anywhere with Wi-Fi/ 2G/ 3G/ 4G on smart Phone, tablet, and PC. You’ll never miss out on a moment with remote and local playback, no matter where you are
This 8CH Camera system is the right solution for people who have big homes or small business premises. This system comes with four or eight 2.0MP 1080p Full HD 30fps HD cameras. These cameras are encased in waterproof IP66 aluminum cases, so they can be used in outdoor spaces.
The cameras are equipped with night vision, which is effective to a distance of up to 100ft. The buyer has a choice between a 1TB and 2TB NVR. This system does not require connection of cables, and it connects via the internet.
The ZOSI 8 CH system comes with free iOS and Android apps that allow access to the video feed from anywhere.
This system comes with a one-year warranty.
Defender Digital Wireless DVR Security System
No products found.
The Defender PX301 surveillance system is a simple, but powerful, system that comes with two cameras, but it can support up to four cameras. This system comes with a 7-inch LCD monitor and can be controlled from the system or from a supplied remote. This system comes with two cameras which have night vision abilities of up to 40 ft.
This system comes with a 2GB SD card that can capture up to 350 minutes of footage. The system has a three-way intercom feature that can allow for communication between someone operating the cameras and the monitoring system. The system has a digital wireless system, so no wires are required when connecting. Unlike some systems on our list, whose functions are limited to video recording, this system has built-in microphones for audio recording.
This camera system comes with a one-year warranty.
Zmodo 8CH Wireless Security Camera System
- 【Easy Installation & Setup】: No need to run cables all over your house to connect the NVR and cameras. Simply mount the cameras, plug in the adapters and go. Connection between the NVR and cameras is through your internet.
- 【Motion Clip Alerts on Phones】: Receive an alert and a short video clip on your Zmodo app whenever motion is detected, and customize which areas on the cameras’ live view will trigger an motion alert, thus to prevent unwanted alerts and only get notified by alerts that really matter.
- 【Remote & Local Playback】: Cameras are built with excellent quality for 24/7 HD monitoring jobs, and video feed will be saved to the your hard disk. Watch the playback either locally on your monitors, or remotely on your phones through Zmodo app. 500GB hard drive is included in the package. Regarding HDD, a SATA 2.5” hard drive is compatible with this NVR.
- 【Intelligent Recording】: Optimize the storage capacity with Zmodo’s Intelligent Recording. The NVR records at fewer frames per second when no motion is detected, and at maximum during motion.
- 【Professional Customer Support】: Lifetime US-Based Tech Support.
The Zmodo 8CH NVR system is a contender for users who have medium to big-sized homes. This cameras system is easy to install, and all you need to do is to install the cameras and plug in the adapters. The camera has motion detector features and can send alerts on your mobile gadget.
Buying this camera system gives you access to the free Zmodo app, which can enable you to monitor footage at your home in real time. Unlike the ZOSI 8CH system that comes with its own hard drive, you will have to buy a hard drive separately for this system. The four cameras in this system have an intelligent recording feature that will record at lower frames per second when no motion is detected saving storage space.
This system gives an extremely detailed picture and records in 720p at up to 100 fps. The cameras are equipped with wide-angle 2.8 mm 81 degree wide-angle lenses, and its night vision abilities are effective at up to 65 ft. The cameras are weatherproof and are recommended for use in temperatures ranging from 14 to 122 degrees Fahrenheit
The cameras have a 3-year limited warranty and 60 days for labor
ONWOTE Wireless Security Camera System
- 【Auto-Pair Wireless, No Need to Run Video Cables】but cameras are not battery powered, they need to be plugged in to power outlets nearby to get continuous live surveillance video. Keep you away from frequent battery charging & high labor costs.
- 【1080P HD NVR with Built-in Router, Reserves Your Home Wi-Fi 】does not use your home wifi bandwidth, it ensures a better wi-fi coverage. Internet is only required for remote access. Place the NVR in the central position of all cameras will make cameras deliver better performance.
- 【1280* 960P HD Video Day & Night, Indoors & Outdoors】view in stunning clarity with 1.3 megapixel cameras; IR night vision up to 80ft. IP66 weatherproof .
- 【Easy Remote Access, support up to 6TB hard drive】easy live view on smart phone and receive motion alerts. No hard drive is included.
The ONWOTE 1080P system is one of the best outdoor wireless security camera systems with DVR. Like the ZOSI system, the cameras in this system are 960p cameras with 1.3MP sensors. This camera, however, is not battery powered, and it needs an outlet. This system does not use up the internet when being accessed around the home, and users stand to save money on internet bills if they opt for this system.
This NVR system doesn’t come with a hard drive but is compatible with 3.5” external hard drives with capacities of up to 6TB. The cameras have formidable night vision abilities, and they are sensitive up to 80 ft. The system also comes with a network cable, and its NVR has a built-in router.
This camera comes with a one-year warranty.
ANNKE Home Security Camera System
- 1080p Wired Security Cameras & 8 Channel DVR – 8 pcs security cameras deliver the best 1080p live view at 30 fps & up to 100 ft night vision. The advanced sensor & smart IR help capture clear images without noise. The 5-in-1 5MP Lite DVR works with TVI, AHD, CVI, CVBS & IP cameras.
- H.265+ Coding & Security-Grade 1 TB HDD – The built-in 1 TB HDD is tailored for professional video surveillance systems. It provides fast read & write speed even after the long-time operation. Record longer videos & consume less bandwidth with H.265+ video format.
- All-Around Certifications & Secure App – Every device, including the DVR & cameras, passed the severe testing conducted by authorized organizations, like UL, CE, FCC, HDMI, etc. ANNKE App conforms to GDPR, ensuring the video stream is secure in data transferring & downloading.
- Remote Access & Smart Motion Alerts – Access & control the system via 3G/4G/5G or WiFi with your smartphones, tablets, computers remotely. When there are motion events, you'll always receive real-time app pushes and email alerts with snapshots.
- IP66 Waterproof & Best ABS Housing – The camera, with an IP66 waterproof rating, braves the harshest weather & captures clear images in extremely hot/cold climates. The housing, made from the best ABS materials, provides fast heat dissipation & a long lifespan without fading.
The ANNKE Home security system consists of 8 1080p IP66 weatherproof cameras and a five-in-one DVR, one of the best outdoor wireless security camera system with DVR. The cameras have night vision, and its abilities stretch out to 100ft. This system records in the H.264 codec enabling users to save space. The system has motion detection abilities, and you can customize it to minimize false alerts.
Like most other systems on our list, this system has an app that can enable you to control the camera remotely. This system comes with a 1TB HDD, and storage can be expanded. The system has a smart video playback system that will only play important events in normal speed and will play at 8x for the rest of the footage.
This system comes with a two-year warranty.
R-Tech CA-IR140-HD 1000TVL Outdoor Bullet Security Camera
- Supports (4) HD video outputs: 1080P AHD, 1080P HD-CVI, 1080P HD-TVI, and 1200TVL Analog/ CVBS
- Cable controller with switches for selecting video mode
- 2MP (1920x1080) high resolution CMOS sensor with high-intensity IR LEDs for night vision
- 2. 8-12Mm Varifocal (manually adjustable) lens for crystal clear focus
- IP66 outdoor weatherproof rating with sturdy metal construction
If you have apartments or small homes and want an inexpensive solution for your surveillance needs, you may find this R-Tech system adequate. This no-frills system consists of one weatherproof camera with a varifocal lens.
This camera has IR night detection and switches automatically to black and white footage at night. The camera has a ⅓-inch 1000 TVL sensor and a 2.8-12mm lens. This camera has SMD IR LED lights that enable it to record at night to a distance of 180 ft. The camera’s motion detection abilities.
However, this camera lacks a wireless connection and mobile app.
This camera comes with a one-year warranty.
OOSSXX HD 1080P 8-Channel Wireless Security Camera System
No products found.
The OOSSXX system uses Wi-Fi to connect four 720p cameras to an NVR. The cameras are waterproof and are night-vision enabled. This system can support up to eight cameras and can be used wirelessly or with wires. The cameras have IR cut filter and auto switching, and they record at an acceptable quality even at night.
Buying this system gives you access to the free IP Pro and Eseecloud mobile apps that enable you to monitor your home remotely. The system can send out alerts when it detects movement in the home, and you can customize the scope of this selection to minimize false alarms.
However, you will need to buy your own hard drive, because this system doesn’t come with one.
This camera has a one-year warranty for parts.
Firstrend 1080P Wireless Security Camera System
- WHY FIRSTREND: System includes 4pcs 1080P HD Bullet camera, 8CH 1080P NVR Recorder with 2T HDD Pre-installed. (4TB HDD Max can be supported: Internal, SATA Interface, 3.5/2.5inches). Putting customers’ interest first is our business philosophy, 60-day free return and 1-year warranty is guaranteed. Any inquires, please feel free to contact Firstrend experienced support
- REAL P2P: Plug and play surveillance kit, camera and NVR are paired before shipping. Simply connect the cameras and NVR to the Power by included power adapter, picture shows up. NOTICE: Wireless means video cable is not required for camera’s working, but device user still NEED to connect camera to Power outlet for 24/7 surveillance purpose.
- HOW IT WORKS: Connect the cameras and NVR to the power, connect the Mouse to NVR. Connect PC/TV monitor to NVR with a VGA/HDMI Cable. Connect the Router LAN Port to NVR WAN Port with Network Cable Provided. Then, stable and stream video will be received by our professional Wifi signal transmission based on Auto Code Rate adjustment.
- REMOTE MONITORING AND PLAYBACK: firstrend wireless security camera system is totally compatible for your mobile (Andriod and iOS System), tablet and PC. Free APP can be download to remote view and playback recordings (Please make sure NVR is connected to your router by Ethernet cable). It also support Sync-playback,Video Backup and Motion detection. Email alert or App alert will be sent once motion got triggered (Noted: Please Set it Up Properly to Avoid Email Blast).
- HD SECURITY CAMERA SYSTEM: 4pcs of 1080P HD Security camera are provided in the package. Night Vision up to 65ft by 6 IR-leds and IP66 rated weatherproof cameras. You can install it anywhere you want, perfect outdoor/ indoor Security& Surveillance solution for Home, Office, Shop, Warehouse etc.
This system from Firstrend comes with four 1080p bullet-style cameras and an NVR recorder. The camera comes with a 2TB HDD, which can be upgraded to 4TB. The system is a plug and play system, so you don’t need professional installation. The cameras don’t come with batteries, therefore, you’ll need to connect these cameras to power at all time.
You can download a free Android/iOS app for remote monitoring and video playback The system allows for email or app alerts when the motion detection is triggered, and you can customize motion detection to reduce false alarms. The cameras are night-vision enabled, and they are effective up to 65 ft.
This camera system comes with a one-year warranty.
Jennov 4 Channel Wireless WiFi Security Camera System
This system by Jennov is one of the best outdoor wireless security camera system with DVR. This system has an NVR and operates via a wireless network. You can alternatively connect an Ethernet network cable to be able to monitor the cameras remotely via a free app.
The 960p bullet-shape camera in this system has 1.3MP sensors, but they don’t have batteries, so they need to be plugged in permanently. The system has motion detection systems and alarms can be set. You can specify motion detection zones can be set to reduce the chances of false alarms.
The camera has 36 IR LED light, and its night vision is up to 65 ft. The system doesn’t come with a hard drive, so you will have to source one independently.
This system has a two-year warranty
Night Owl Camera System
- 1 x 4 Channel 1080p HD NVR with pre-installed 1 TB Hard Drive.
- 4 x 1080p Indoor/Outdoor Wireless Infrared IP Cameras.
- Cameras equipped with 2-way audio. 300 ft. Wireless Signal ensures maximum coverage.
- No Internet required and no monthly fees! Free Night Owl X app with easy setup in less than 2 minutes. Reduces false alerts by up to 90%.
- 100 ft. of Night Vision, 100 Degree Wide Angle Viewing and 24/7 Technical Phone Support.Maximum hard drive capacity:4 TB.Wireless range:Max 500 ft
This Night Owl camera system could be of the best outdoor wireless security camera system with DVR in terms of features. The system comes with four 1080p cameras and a 1TB hard drive, but the system can support up to 4TB. The cameras in this system are decent and have a 100-degree wide-angle lens.
Unlike most systems on our list which only record video, this system has a two-way audio feature, which can be used as an intercom in addition to each camera having abilities to recording audio within 20 ft of the camera.
This system’s Wi-Fi covers 300ft, and no internet is required to operate and record within the Wi-Fi radius. The camera has decent night vision detection features up to 100ft. This system has one of the smartest motion detection systems in the industry and motion detection can only be triggered in conduction with heat detection. This reduces the rate of false alerts.
This system has a one-year warranty.
The Best Outdoor Wireless Security Camera System with DVR: FAQ
1. What Is an Outdoor Wireless Security Camera System?
An outdoor security camera system normally consists of at least one camera connected wirelessly to a storage device. The system records video to enable the householder to monitor the home. The best outdoor wireless security camera system with DVR will usually have motion cameras with good resolution, a motion detection feature, and night vision abilities.
2. How Many Cameras Do You Need in Your Surveillance System?
This depends on the camera’s viewing angles and the size of your home. The viewing angles determine how much space one camera will cover. You may need a number of cameras or multi-packs to cover the home. PTZ cameras with pan/tilt/zoom features will naturally cover more space than a camera without those features.
3. What Is the Right Resolution for a Surveillance Camera?
The higher the resolution, the clearer the images record. Cameras with 1080p resolutions or higher have the clearest images. We believe that 720p (1080×720) resolution should be the bare minimum of any surveillance system that is worth its salt. However, cameras with high resolutions need compatible DVRs, and the recording will take up more space than low-resolution cameras.
4. How Do I Determine How Good a Camera Is for Night Recording?
Although most modern surveillance systems have Infrared (IR) night recording functions, the effectiveness of night recording varies. Look out for cameras whose night recording abilities are effective over long distances. We believe 60 ft should be the bare minimum recording distance for a good camera. Also, if it is possible, buy systems with a built-in IR cut-switch that automatically turns the night recording feature on/off depending on the lighting conditions.
5. Should I Choose a Dome-Style or Bullet-Style Camera System?
Although both camera styles arrive very easy to recognize by a potential intruder, it is harder for the intruder to know that a dome-style camera is pointing at them compared to a bullet-style system. Dome-style cameras may ward off some intruders as a result.
How We Reviewed
The following products were reviewed based on the following parameters: resolution of the camera, the size of the DVR/NVR inbuilt storage, and night recording abilities. We also considered the number of cameras in the system, audio and intercom abilities, as well as the motion detection abilities of the system. Our review favored systems which come with free mobile apps for remote monitoring.
We believe the ZOSI 8CH system is the best outdoor wireless security camera system with DVR overall.
This system is equipped with detailed 1080p full HD cameras with night vision and customizable motion detection features. We like the fact that the system comes with an inbuilt 1TB hard drive at a low a price.
Buyers who need an intercom feature or audio recording should consider the Defender system or the Night Owl system. But, both systems cost more than the average system on our list.
Last update on 2022-05-23 at 17:53 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API